Monday, March 2, 2009

Medical Leave

Well, this will be a quickie as there's is little to report, friends. I finally started taking some antibiotics for the 'Flu That Ate February (that is, for the bronchitis it had become) and they work fine, but wear me out completely. What they gave me is Cipro, which I understand is the same remedy they offer rhinoceri with anthrax. Powerful. Anyway, my work has been reduced to maintenance - getting notes in order, reviewing older video, reading other peoples' dissertations etc., added to studying Turkish, learning some new repertoire on the lâvta, and watching re-runs of Battlestar Galactica online.

My mind is ready to get back into my work (and make up for what it takes for a wasted month and tremendous laziness) but the rest of me is not quite up to it - another three days of rhino-med left, and I hope that's it for 'flu season. I'm anticipating that the recording part of my research will slow down quite a bit during the summer months, when artists are touring or on vacation, which makes hustling through the springtime all the more important for me. I'm just beginning to worry about that. Meanwhile there's nothing for it but rest and liquids. As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: